Unfiled Tax Return Professionals in Chicago

Call Our Dedicated Team at The Tax Defenders Today

Not filing your tax returns for years at a time can lead to serious consequences. It is not advisable to ignore your annual taxes because the IRS will almost always catch up with you. When you do not file your return, the IRS will often file one for you. Then they will expect you to pay the taxes they claim you owe. It will start with threatening letters and then they will begin the process of wage garnishments, tax liens, and tax levies. Our Chicago tax firm has developed an effective process to stop this from happening even if you have unfiled tax returns today.

We can assist you in filing your back taxes and settling with the IRS. Contact The Tax Defenders today to request a free consultation.

Remember These 4 Things Before You Choose Not to File

Every year, many citizens are required to file their personal tax information with the IRS. Sometimes this includes a payment of any taxes that are owed. When you do not file your taxes, you become exposed to adverse actions from the IRS.

When you have unfiled tax returns, there are four things to keep in mind:

  • Failure to file a tax return could result in a Substitute for Return (SFR) filed by the IRS
  • Tax refunds are only available for the previous three years of unfiled returns
  • Once a garnishment or levy has begun, it is difficult to stop until you are in compliance with filings
  • In some circumstances, failing to file your taxes is considered criminal behavior and is punishable by incarceration

How an SFR Works

A Substitute for Return (SFR) is filed when the IRS prepares a tax return on your behalf because you have not filed. Because the IRS often does not have all of the pertinent information, SFRs can reflect the highest tax liability and the IRS then will hold you responsible for this amount plus any unfiled tax return penalties and fees.

It is possible to correct an SFR, however, by consulting with the professionals at our Chicago tax resolution firm. When necessary or advantageous, we can prepare previous years’ returns and file them on your behalf. This is considered being in compliance. Once you are in compliance, we can work with the IRS to stop wage garnishments, tax liens, and tax levies and come up with an acceptable payment arrangement or settlement for you.

The Tax Defenders Can Advocate For You

By working with our Chicago tax resolution firm, you can manage any problems that unfiled tax returns may have caused. We have served 15,000 customers, saving them 19 million dollars over the span of fifteen years. We know how stressful working with the IRS can be and we can handle it for you.

Put our experience in working with the IRS to work for you. Call The Tax Defenders at (312) 345-5440 today to start exploring your options.

Hear from Our Satisfied Clients

  • The Tax Defenders I really, really appreciate it. I would recommend them to anyone, to anyone.

    Gail C.

  • The Tax Defenders I would recommend you to anybody else who needs help with their income tax problems

    Danny S.

  • The Tax Defenders I want to thank all of you for everything you’ve done for me. I’m finally clear of this hanging over me for a long, long time.

    Paul R.

  • The Tax Defenders It was awesome how they took care of everything and worked with my finances. They were able to resolve 100% of the money owed. I am glad that I called them.

    Patricia A.

  • The Tax Defenders With one phone call, and in 15 minutes, they clearly explained my options, even though they were not able to help me. Who does that???

    Keith K.

  • The Tax Defenders The Tax Defenders handled my case professionally and efficiently

    J. L.

Prev Next

Put the Tax Defenders
on Your Side

Get Started with a Free Tax Relief Consultation!

  • Please enter your name.
  • This isn't a valid phone number.
    Please enter your phone number.
    You entered an invalid number.
  • This isn't a valid email address.
    Please enter your email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.