Senior Tax Analyst, Enrolled Agent
“In my twelve years in this business, I have spoken with UN ambassadors and wall street bankers from New York, water tower painters based out of Oklahoma, commercial fishermen from Alaska, Lobstermen from Maine, doctors, nurses, lawyers, plumbers, builders, truck drivers, retirees in Florida, actors, musicians, professional athletes –every day is different and so are the challenges. Helping these people is both role and reward.”
“What is the nicest thing a client has ever said? That I was honorable. I told the truth even when the truth was hard to hear.”
George Diversiev found his work-home at The Tax Defenders in 2005, combining his interest in personal finance with the fulfillment he gets when teaching complex issues in ways that are simple to understand.
George has worked for Arthur Anderson, Citigroup and Surepayroll. Prior to earning his Enrolled Agent admission, he received Masters and Bachelor’s degrees in Engineering from the University of Illinois.
He lives in the north suburbs of Chicago with his wife, three children and three cats. He speaks and writes in Spanish, is nearly fluent in Japanese and also reads twenty-five books a year.
George does not sleep a lot.
- B.S. Mechanical Engineering, Univ. of IL Champaign-Urbana,
- M.S. Engineering, Univ. of IL – Chicago.
- Arthur Andersen, Business Consulting Division,
- Primerica Financial Service, as a Citigroup subsidiary
- Surepayroll, now owned by Paychex
- Earned Enrolled Agent status with the IRS in 2013
Volunteer Work/Community Involvement:
- Run for the Zoo participant, Lincoln Park Zoo
Direct Dial #: (312) 940-1600