Director, Tax Resolution, Attorney
As a young girl growing up on the Eastern Plains of Colorado, Jillian found her direction in an Aristotle quote: “Where your talents and the needs of the world cross; there lies your vocation.” While she had immense passion for music and film, she believed a legal education would best prepare her for a life of helping others.
This quote took her from her small town to becoming a Big City Lawyer. Along the way, she lived and traveled in Africa, found her life’s volunteer work as a modern-day abolitionist fighting human trafficking and learned to cook dog-friendly spaghetti. Don’t ask about that last one.
Professionally, Jillian takes pride in her creative approach to negotiating, creating winning client strategies and being seen as both tough and compassionate in her communications. She graduated cum laude from Michigan State Law School and is proud of that, too.
Jillian lives in Chicago with her husband, Nick, and their pasta-loving dog, Lager.
Bachelor of Arts, Political Science with a minor in Ethnic Studies
- University of Colorado, Boulder
Juris Doctor; Indigenous Law and Policy Certificate
- Michigan State University, College of Law
- Cum Laude
- Michigan State University, College of Law – Teacher’s Assistant for Constitutional Law for LLM students
- Michigan State University, College of Law – Immigration Law Clinic
- Legal Services of South Central Michigan
- EngenderHealth, South Africa
- Illinois Bar
- United States Tax Court
- Secretary/Found member of Modern Abolitionist Legal Society at Michigan State University, College of Law
- Chair member of Triangle Bar Society
- Williams Institute Moot Court team member
Volunteer Work/Community Involvement:
- Triangle Bar Society, 2010-2013 (various community projects in MI surrounding legal issues in LGBTQ community)
- Modern Abolitionist Legal Society, 2011-2013 (various community projects in MI regarding anti-trafficking work)
- Governor’s Opportunity Scholarship, 2004-2009
Direct Dial #: (312) 529-5009 X201